Thursday, April 9, 2009

I just got back from Cleveland and have another little tip to pass along.

When I arrive at Rachaels's home I found that Christopher had a sliver in his hand. The kind that sits right by the palm and you can't get to it. Rachael had tried the needle approach but the sliver was determined to stay and Christopher was determined that he would not let her near him with a needle again.

I remembered the trick I learned from my dad while I was little and used on my kids.

Fill a bowl with hot water, large enough to fit the hand or foot that houses the sliver. Add about 1/4 cup of salt and stir. Soak the affected appendage until the skin starts to get pruney. You may find the sliver sitting on the surface. as soon as it comes out of the water, if not pinch a little as if squeezing a pimple and the sliver should pop right out.

Thanks, Christopher for reminding me of this llittle trick and for saving other little kids from the needle.

No comments: